Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Deepika !


The reigning queen of Bollywood, Deepika Padukone, celebrates her 29th birthday today. She isn’t merely tasting success, but quite literally basking in its glory... and rightly so! Deepika has come a long way since the days of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, but to us she will always be that geeky, shy, introverted, person who transformed into a dazzling diva.

Miss. Padukone romanced Ranbir Kapoor in Ayan Mukerji's 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' and the film was a stupendous success. Their onscreen chemistry had fans intrigued and wanting more. In an interview, Deepika said, “I completely identify with the character of Naina Talwar. People who don’t know me feel that I have acted in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. For me, I was just being myself. That’s the way I am. That’s the journey that I have actually gone through. From the shy, introverted, under-confident person to coming into her own... I have gone through that journey myself. Apart from the fact that Naina Talwar was a very studious girl and I was never studious, in every other way I was completely like her. So, while it felt like I was living that part, I was just being myself.”

The team at Dharma productions would love to take this opportunity to wish Deepika a very happy birthday and a lifetime of success ahead! May this year be a one where we witness a lot more amazing work from such a talented actress. Our hearts are with you, do us proud!



No comments:

Post a Comment